Monday, April 12, 2010

Its that time again

So I'm currently out of commission. Been laying in my bed all day long basically with a very odd sickness that I can't quite put my finger on. So once in a while I'll feel A-okay and think the worst has passed but then I'll get out of bed to celebrate the defeat of my sickness with a victory dance and KABLAM-my head will start to hurt again which will lead to my stomach hurting (don't ask me exactly how one leads to the other because it really makes no sense to me either, but its what happens so go with it, no questions asked), the next stage of the sickness includes me slowly getting back to bed which involves me using the muscles in my arms and legs to gracefully and swiftly lower me into The Sleeper (my bed). Seeing as the previous sentence was most likely one of the longest ones ever written even though the grammar was far from right, I decided to end it, write this one, and then finish it with the following sentence.

As I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted by the break up sentence, after I use the measly muscles I do have, they immediately start to ache which frightens me. That in combination with all the other symptoms is never a good sign but I've taken all the necessary precautions to combat this sickness and come out the victor. Those precautions include skipping two classes, laying in bed for approximately 9 hours, making my 2 friends bring me food, not taking medicine, not going to get checked out by an actual doctor, watching T.V. for those 9 straight hours and thinking long and hard about what to say here to keep my adoring audience entertained. As you can see, although I have not yet graduated from Wash U's med school (nor will I ever because I'm in the business school-WAH HAH), I know all I need to about illnesses and getting over them. My plan is that by tomorrow, I will be healthy, tan and basically all over better looking- we'll see how that goes...

Before I forget, I had another sign from g-d the other day. As I was gettin my J on (my jog on) or what people who actually saw me might call, a medium to slow paced walk, I was jammin' out to some old time tunes to keep me motivated and keep my legs moving one after the other. Everyone's favorite song, Da Dip by the family favorite Freak Nasty came on. Any human who wants to do something with their life will have listened to this song therefor know the lyrics and will recognize the part when Mr. Nasty says, "I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut. So what's up?" At that very moment a squirrel, most likely searching for a nut, ran right in front of me on the sidewalk! Coincidence? I don't think so! If you remember from earlier posts I'm going to keep a running tally on instances like this so I can't exactly tell what it means right now but I definitely feel something big is coming together. So far I have, "I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut. So what's up?" and "incredible". If anyone has ideas about what it means feel free to let me know.

So my big day in The Sleeper and my room led me to realize some things about myself that are pretty embarrassing so I figured why not let everyone know. First of them being, and i think everyone can agree with this, whenever one is sick the 1 and only person they want is to be home (real home, not college dorm) with their mom. Moms have an odd talent that allows them, even with no proper training in the fine medicinal arts, to heal any wound and cure any sickness. Its a weird phenomenon but its true, rarely do mothers fail at this which led me to a very interesting revelation. Not that I've experienced it yet, but once I reach legal drinking age, if I ever have what is referred to as a hangover, I think I'm just going to go directly to my mom and have her fix me. Hangover cure=mom. This is just my first step in making the world a better place. Your welcome.

Next embarrassing thing noticed is that I sleep with 2 stuffed animals. This has been going on all semester but I don't think I've ever realized it. I don't see a big problem with it considering my other stuffed sleeping partner (that sounded awful) is a big basketball I use as a pillow. I have a turtle that I actually sewed in 6th grade (in a class, not something I did for the fun of it) and a stuffed bear I got at the dollar store. The turtle is rapidly falling apart and actually looks like a lopsided green ball right now but he has sentimental value so I can't ever let him go. The bear on the other hand I have no excuses for, except that it is soft and loyal (never ever leaves my side).

The last thing I noticed is that when I get sick, for some reason, listening to hardcore music like 'N Sync, Michelle Branch and Savage Garden (Truly Madly Deeply) makes me feel better. I don't know if this is because I actually listen to these people regularly and not only when I'm sick, or if their smooth harmonies put my aching body to rest, but this music is the key to my health when it's in shambles.

Thats about it for me today. I couldn't perform as well as I usually do, i.e. drop solid diamonds on ya'll, because of my sickness but I said what I had to and if its not up to par, read last weeks SOLID GOLD NUGGETS IN THE FORM OF A BLOG again.

Like Christina Aguilera once said, If you want to be with me, baby theres a price to pay, I'm a genie in a bottle , ya gotta rub me the right way. GNITE.

D-Jeweler-R

No comments:

Post a Comment