Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Break

Lets gooooo! I'm getting to the end of my break and it is making me, well, a little sad. I'm going to give you a quick run through of what I have been up to-brace yourself. So let me start by saying that I haven't touched something that I've had my hands all over everyday for about 3 months... and what I am talking about would be a basketball. I decided this is going to be my week of RE-lax-ATION, and that is exactly what it was. According to my google definition search of relax, it means "become less tense, rest, or take one's ease". I took this definition to heart and found the best way was spend as much time possible on my couch in front of the T.V. watching more movies than (EXTREMELY LAME/WEAK COMPARISON ALERT) a film critic. Anywho, let me give you a run through of the typical day over break and then venture into an in-depth discussion of the feature films I watched.

9:00 A.M.- Be in a variety of places doing a variety of things in some type of dream
11:45 A.M.- Finish dream session and lay awake in my bed, usually with one leg outside the covers, thinking about the dream for a good hour
1:00 P.M.-9:00 P.M.- Spend this time watching movies, tv shows, and go to the basement to "work out" the type of working out where you do about 2 things and spend the rest stretching or lay spread eagle on the medicine ball
Night time- Hang with my besties that are home!! Kevin and Mikey-shoutout 2 you guys :):). During this time we do activities such as sit around the table and eat/talk, sit on the couch and eat/talk, and our favorite, sit on the couch and watch movies

This is the extent of my spring break except for one faithful night. Thursday night I decided to venture to a whole other universe called a state school. The university of Illinois to be exact. Many of my handful of friends attend this institution and I've heard nothing but good things so I decided to go see for myself. After a year and a half of doing what I thought was partying at Wash U, I realized after this night that I've been living a lie. I won't get into detail, but I'm glad I was only there for one night. Some people are not designed to be able to withstand their form of nightlife more than one night in a row. I'm one of those people and shout out to everyone I saw there and thank you for the hospitality, but I'll need a month to recoop and mentally prepare myself to get back out there.

In depth movie discussion time. I kid you not, I watched ALL OF THESE MOVIES, so don't even try and say something like, "dylan, while I will admit you are extremely easy on the eyes and deceptively quick on the basketball court, you did NOT watch all these movies"... because I did. (4 in 1 day is my all time high)

Fast and Furious, Hackers, Night of Living Dangerously, Marlee and Me, Yes Man, The Chumscrubber, PCU, Magic and Bird, Sugar, Disappeared, Resolved...and that was in 4 DAYS!

In depth discussion: movies were good, marlee and me made me cry, sugar was mostly in a different language

Thats about it for now. One more night to go, hope to make some lasting memories! Thinking of doing some player profiles giving ya'll the inside scoop on some of my teammates if ya'll would like. If so please let me know who you want to hear from. The one with the most requests will get the first annual player profile. It will probably happen more than once a year but first annual sounds pretty tight and I don't know any other time-descriptive adjectives to describe how often the player profiles will occur. For questions and requests-drichter@wustl.edu!

B&T
Dylz

1 comment:

  1. Dylan-your blog is HILARIOUS and I enjoy it. hope to hear more from you so I can read all the time when I'm bored at work. I'm forwarding it to all my colleagues!

    Best,

    Rick

    ReplyDelete